St. Paul College of Ilocos Sur, College Department aims to develop college students to become competent and compassionate leaders. They are expected to be integrated, morally disciplined, socially responsible and imbued with love for God and country.
A. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT – LADDERIZED BSHRM)
The program aims to provide the community with competent and well rounded Hoteliers and Restaurateurs who are professionally skilled workers in the hospitality and food service industries; who are committed to the pursuit of the development of Philippine hospitality service and tourism; and who are responsible citizens imbued with Christian values and dedicated to the service of God and community.
After the Two-Year Hotel & Restaurant Management course, a graduate is expected to:
1. acquire profound knowledge on basic Hotel and Restaurant operations such as:
a. front office operations
b. housekeeping procedures and operations
c. food service procedures and principles
d. bartending and flair tending techniques
e. culinary arts and other related operations
2. demonstrate Paulinian attitudes and moral values to be a responsible hotelier and restaurateur in the community.
3. enhance skills and potentialities in meeting the challenges of problem solving, decision making and work processes.
ONE- YEAR CERTIFICATE IN HOUSEKEEPING AND COMMERCIAL COOKING
HOUSEKEEPING NC II graduates are expected to :
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a housekeeping staff in housekeeping services in hotels, motels, resorts and other commercial accommodation establishment.
2. develop skills and competencies in housekeeping services such as prepare guests rooms, clean premises and equipment, laundry linen and guest clothes in accordance with industry standards.
COMMERCIAL COOKING NC II graduates are expected to:
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a cook in kitchen operation or any related business industry.
2. develop skills and competencies in preparing and baking pastry products, preparing and cooking cold and hot meals in pantry/cold kitchen operations in accordance with industry standards.
Two-Year Certificate in Food and Beverage Service and Baking/Pastry Production
FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE NC II graduates are expected to:
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a food and beverage service personnel in a food service institution.
2. develop skills and competencies in providing link between kitchen and service areas, providing food and beverage service and providing room service in accordance with industry standards.
BAKING/PASTRY PRODUCTION NC II graduates are expected to:
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a baker in a bake shop, bakery and other related industry.
2. develop skills and competencies to prepare, portion plate and present baked products such as breads, cakes, pastries and other dessert items in accordance with industry standards.
Three-Year Certificate in Front Office and Bartending
FRONT OFFICE NC II graduates are expected to:
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a front office clerk in the operation
of the front office department of a hotels, motels, resorts or any related lodging establishment.
2. develop skills and competencies as a front office clerk in processing
room reservation, guests checking-in checking-out, issuing keys, accepting payments in the front office department in accordance with industry standards.
Bartending NC II graduates are expected to:
1. obtain adequate knowledge and attitude of a bartender in operation of a bar or
any related establishment.
2. develop skills and competencies as bartender in bar operation, cleaning the bar
setting-up the bar, provide customer service, mixing cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks and other concoction, flair tending and provide wine service to the guests in accordance with industry standards.
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management graduates are expected to:
1. acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes needed in the hospitality industry to be globally competitive.
2. possess the ability to provide good quality service to ensure satisfaction of the guests in the hospitality industry.
3. integrate honesty, truth, patience, courtesies and other values in dealing with customers or guests in the hospitality industry.
4. be a competent and effective hotelier and restaurateur.
B. BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN TOURISM
The Bachelor of Science in Tourism Management program develops students' sound understanding of tourism and travel through theories, principles, and strategies which consequently prepare them for the global tourism industry. The program also aims to train students to become competent professionals who are socially responsive to human welfare through the implementation of a strong, dynamic, values-oriented, community-based curriculum; likewise, bring into being Christian professionals who are imbued with Christian principles and virtues in the line of duty as events managers, marketing managers, guest relations officers, reservation coordinators, tourism consultants and promotions officers.